Claws224, IEEE Network Engineer
Experience:  IEEE, Microsoft
5195814

We have changed network providers (from AT&T to Spectrum.

Customer Question

We have changed network providers (from AT&T to Spectrum. The modem is functioning okay, but the router (linksys e1500) is not. On my tablet, it asks for a Cisco Connect password, which I don't have.
JA: How much experience do you have with this particular Cisco product?
Customer: I'm barely computer savvy. I don't know how old this router is. It was connected with the AT&T server, BUT another, smaller router was connecte to it. (sequence?)
JA: What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: The internet service is great through our desktop, but none of our remote devices will give us Facebook or emails, except intermittently.
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: The Spectrum tech (via phone) worked remotely to determine the modem is healthy, but could not determine the health of the Cisco router since it is not their equipment. I have Vonage phone system; it is working properly as connected to the rouiter.
JA: Anything else you want the network expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I went to your website and tried to follow directions there (we have Windows Vista), but I could not solve the problem. No Command prompt showed up on my screen as your online instructions said it would.
Submitted: 16 days ago.
Category: Networking
Expert:  Byron replied 16 days ago.

Hi. My name is***** your for your question and the opportunity to assist.

When the e1500 comes from the factory the password ***** ***** to: admin

It's possible that when the router was first set up the password ***** changed but try admin first.

Expert:  Byron replied 16 days ago.

Go to this site from your computer: http://www.linksys.com/us/support-article?articleNum=148342

and download and run the E1500 Windows® Linksys Connect Setup Software

On the bottom of the router is a reset button on the label side. With the router powered on

use a pointed object like a pen to hold the button down for 10 seconds and release. This will set the

password ***** admin and with the router connected to your computer and modem, run the Cisco Connect

software to configure it.