Pete, Networking Engineer
Experience:  CISCO Certified Networking Engineer
30970729

I am trying to connect amazon alexa dot to my wifi with no

Customer Question

I am trying to connect amazon alexa dot to my wifi with no success. I need step by step instructions. can you help
JA: Can you describe your network setup (devices and cables used)?
Customer: I am computer illiterate. I have an HP Envy with 8.1 and a verizon 4GLTE hotspot
JA: What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: I don't undersdtand
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: very little because I don't know what to do
JA: Anything else you want the network expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Networking
Expert:  Pete replied 3 months ago.

Hi, I'm Pete. Welcome to JustAnswer! I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

Expert:  Pete replied 3 months ago.

Before you begin

• Plug your Echo Dot into a power outlet.
  • Open the Alexa app.
  1. In the Alexa app, open the left navigation panel and then select Settings.
  2. Select your device and then select Update Wi-Fi. If you're adding a new device to your account, select Set up a new device instead.
  3. On your Echo device, press and hold the Action button for five seconds. The light ring changes to orange, and your mobile device connects to your Echo device. A list of available Wi-Fi networks appear in the app.
  4. Select your Wi-Fi network and enter the network password (if required). If you don't see your Wi-Fi network, scroll down and select Add a Network (for hidden networks) or Rescan.
  5. Select Connect. After your device connects to your Wi-Fi network, a confirmation message appears in the app. You're now ready to use Alexa.

--------------------
Happy New Year!
Your satisfaction is my priority;
Kindly take a moment to rate my service 5 stars and press submit at the top of your question page so I am rewarded for my time; tips appreciated :)
You can always reply back at any time if you need any further assistance at all.
Pete.
--------------------

Expert:  Pete replied 3 months ago.

Hi, just checking in on your question. If the issue is resolved or you do not need anymore help, please rate our session as 4 stars or more and press submit so I am credited for my time, otherwise please reply back so we can continue with the issue.