Claws224, IEEE Network Engineer
Experience:  IEEE, Microsoft
5195814

I have a Linksys00457 router. This is the name of the

Customer Question

I have a Linksys00457 router. This is the name of the wiereless newtwork at home, (Wi-Fi.)
When I connect the printer to the network, everything seems ok, but I get the message: "wrong password." I do not understand this, because I typed the password ***** our internet connection, (modem.) is there a specific password ***** the Linksys router?
Sven
Submitted: 17 days ago.
Category: Networking
Expert:  Russell H. replied 17 days ago.

Hello! Thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com; I am Russell H., an Expert here at JustAnswer.com, and I will do what I can to answer your question as well as it can be answered.

The wrong password ***** message may be owing to the passphrase for the WiFi being entered wrongly.

It must be entered so that UPPER CASE letters are entered differently from lower-case letters, for instance. That is quite absolutely necessary.

If you aren't sure the LETTERS/letters portion of the passphrase have been entered correctly, then please tell me what printer - by maker and model # - you have, and I will tell you how to enter the passphrase (whatever it is, and with examples provided) so that it will work.