Claws224, IEEE Network Engineer
Experience:  IEEE, Microsoft
5195814

I have lost my network card so don't know the password. Is

Customer Question

I have lost my network card so don't know the password. Is there a way to reset the password. All this has come about because the TV has disconnected from the wifi. Any suggestions please?
JA: When did you last reset your username and password?
Customer: I was using the default one provided by Telstra Telstra9FDC
JA: What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: I was trying to use Pandora on the TV and the TV gives the message not connected to the internet. The internet is working on other devices
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Going into settings on the TV and finding the network, turning the wifi off then on again, turning it all off and then on again, shouting at the TV (the last one makes me feel better)
JA: Anything else you want the network expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Networking
Expert:  Viet - Network Tech replied 3 months ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. When you go to the wireless / Wi-Fi / network settings on the printer's screen, what happens? Does it show a list of network name(s)? If yes, does it also show your network name? Is the TV asking for the password? Is there any error or message?
What is the model of your Internet modem/router device?
Do you also have a laptop / wireless computer that is currently connected via wireless? If so, does it have Windows xp, vista, or 7, 8, 10, or Mac?
Please reply at the box below. Thank you.

What's the model of your TV?

Can you please check at the back / bottom of your internet modem / router device for the model of it? Do you also see any password ***** key / passphrase there? (It is case-sensitive.)

Please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help. Thank you,

Is it asking for the Wi-Fi / wireless password? Or something else?

When you are available, please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help. Thank you,