Claws224, IEEE Network Engineer
Experience:  IEEE, Microsoft
5195814

My Lenovo idea pad 100s has a battery that drains really

Customer Question

Hi, my Lenovo idea pad 100s has a battery that drains really quickly when it is shut down or on standby. When I am using it, the battery is great. But when I shut it down, it goes from 80 percent to dead in an hour. Any ideas? Thanks.
Submitted: 8 days ago.
Category: Networking
Expert:  bbao replied 8 days ago.

> drains really quickly when it is shut down or on standby

Without AC adapter plugged in? Ever tried removing the battery and leave it alone for days then test the batter again to see if it has been drained up?

> When I am using it, the battery is great.

Without AC adapter plugged in?

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
I haven't tried taking the battery out but I will try when I get home. And yes the battery works fine even when it is not plugged in. It drains slowly when I am using and quickly when I shut it down. Before hand it was just when I put it on standby but now it drains quickly even when I completely shut it down.
Expert:  bbao replied 8 days ago.

the test i mentioned above will tell you where the problem is located, the battery or the computer. So we can address the issue accordingly.