derrickonline
derrickonline, Information Technology Manager
Experience:  15 years experience in the information technology field.
22792886

I need to change the UpNp setting on my Dlink. As apparently

Customer Question

I need to change the UpNp setting on my Dlink. As apparently anyone can hack my router and it may have happened as I lost internet connections but I am back on but my server said I need to call D link and get them to secure my settings!?? Can you help as my Dlink does not get free telephone help anymore because it's a DIR 615
Thank you please advise
Gail
Submitted: 6 days ago.
Category: Networking
Expert:  derrickonline replied 6 days ago.

Gail:

I'd be more than happy to assist you.

Step 1: Open your Internet browser and type the IP address of the router in the address bar. The default IP address is 192.168.0.1. At the login, enter the username (admin) and your password (default password ***** *****).

Step 2: Click on the Advanced Tab at the top and Advanced Network on the left side

Step 3: Uncheck UPnP

Step 4: Save Settings

If that resolves your issue please rate my answer. If you still need assistance, I'm standing by just reply back instead. Thank you.

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Hi no fault of your's I do not know how to do the things you suggest as I am not that computer literate. I think I will have to go to someone and do this in person. I'm sure you are doing a very good job but I can not do this on my own.
Thank you Gail