Claws224, IEEE Network Engineer
Experience:  IEEE, Microsoft
5195814

I cannot connect my Echo... I have tried to connect to my

Customer Question

I cannot connect my Echo... I have tried to connect to my Wi-Fi and it won't do..I want to use my desktop and not my phone.. Very hard to try and get Alexa to work.. May send back.. Can I speak to someone that knows what to do.. I get an error code..7;3;0;0
Submitted: 12 days ago.
Category: Networking
Expert:  Isaac Franklin replied 12 days ago.

Hello. My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Try this first

• Try to connect to the Wi-Fi network again.
  • Make sure you know your network password (if required). If you see a lock icon, a network password ***** ***** This password ***** ***** your Amazon account password.
  • Verify if other devices (such as tablets or mobile phones) can connect to your network. If not, there may be a problem with your Wi-Fi network. You should contact your Internet service provider, network administrator, or the person who set up your network for assistance.
  • Update the firmware for your router or modem hardware.
  • If you saved your Wi-Fi password ***** Amazon, but you recently changed the password, you need to re-enter your new Wi-Fi password ***** connect again.
  • By default, your router may use both WPA+WPA2 for security. To resolve connection issues, switch the router security type to either WPA or WPA2 only. If the router also has an option to set the type of encryption, setting it to AES only is recommended.

Reduce Wi-Fi congestion

If you have multiple devices on your Wi-Fi network, you may have inconsistent Wi-Fi performance.

• Turn off devices you aren't using to free up bandwidth on your network.
  • Move your device closer to your router and modem if it's in a different room or blocked by an object.
  • Make sure your device is away from sources of possible interference, such as microwave ovens or baby monitors.
  • (Optional) Connect to your router's 5 GHz Wi-Fi frequency band (if it's available). Many Wi-Fi devices only connect to the 2.4 GHz band. If multiple devices use this band on your network, your network speed may be slower. You can connect to the less congested 5 GHz band for better range and less interference.

Restart your Echo device and network hardware

You can restart your Echo device, Internet modem, and/or router to resolve most intermittent Wi-Fi issues.

1. Turn off your router and modem, and then wait 30 seconds.
  2. Turn on your modem, and then wait for it to restart.
  3. After you restart your modem, turn on your router, and then wait for it to restart.
  4. While your network hardware restarts, unplug the power adapter from your Echo device for three seconds, and then plug it back in.

After you restart your Echo device and network hardware, try to connect to your Wi-Fi network again.

Try those steps for me and let me know what results you get and we will continue from there.

~Franklin

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
This is no different that the info I got from Amazon alexa app.. Request my 5.00 back.. or any monies that were charged to me..
Expert:  bbao replied 12 days ago.

The key thing is: is the problem resolved or not?

If it is not resolved, both info from your Alexa app and previous expert didn't address your problem. We may move on to troubleshoot further and fix it.

If it is resolved, please check this page to contact customer services for full refund.