kanoko
kanoko, Networking Guru
Experience:  5+ years of networking expertise
65089077

Wifi on infinity box is out. Thus, I have no internet on my

Customer Question

wifi on infinity box is out. Thus, I have no internet on my IPad. What do I do?
JA: How old is your iPad, and what model are you using?
Customer: IPad 1....worked until Sunday
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: All up-dates have been entered
JA: Anything else you want the computer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Submitted: 15 days ago.
Category: Networking
Expert:  kanoko replied 15 days ago.

I would be glad to help. Xfinity like most ISPs occasionally will lose connectivity with subscribers for a variety of reasons. Most the time the issue should resolve itself within an hour, but you can also try unplugging power to your Xfinity modem (the tall skinny black box with a series of white lights in the front). After about a minute, plug the power back into the modem and wait up to 15 minutes for the modem to reestablish an internet connection. If that does not resolve your issue, there may be an issue with the settings on your modem or your iPad. I would first try accessing the internet from another device and let me know what the result is, so I can provide an appropriate solution.

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
The computer is working
Expert:  kanoko replied 15 days ago.

Great! So you unplugged and reconnected your modem, and your Ipad is still not connecting to the internet, but you have another computer, and it is connected to the internet. Is that right?

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
but no other charge, thanks!
Expert:  kanoko replied 14 days ago.

Great! So there must be an issue with your iPad's internet settings. First let's make sure your iPad can connect to your local network. Go into Settings > Wifi > Make sure it is set to ON, then choose your network from the list below it, and wait for it to connect or ask for the password. Let me know what happens after you do that. Also check on the status bar at the top and let me know if the WIFI indicator comes up.