Claws224, IEEE Network Engineer
Experience:  IEEE, Microsoft
5195814

I can't print from my computer since we had a new modem

Customer Question

I can't print from my computer since we had a new modem connected. says it is offline.
JA: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of your machine, and what operating system are you running?
Customer: windows 10 and printer is an HP C5180
JA: What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: I just turned the printer on right now
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I have googled the problem and done the "right click" on the printer to ensure there is no checkmark by "printer offline" I have tried copying from the printer to make sure it is working and it copied fine. I have tried connecting it to different areas on the computer and the modem
JA: Anything else you want the network expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I can't think of anything.
Submitted: 18 days ago.
Category: Networking
Expert:  Lorenz Vauck replied 18 days ago.

Dear Client,

I am sorry to hear about that problem. My name is***** am a computer expert with 17 years of experience and I will be trying to help you as good as I can.

May I remotely connect to your computer, so that I can directly analyze and resolve the problem with your printer for you while you can relax and watch me doing it on your screen? This is a very safe option too, because JustAnswer is a A+ accredited business with the BBB, you will be watching your screen and we will chat there as well, so that you will always know what I will be doing next while fixing the problem.

Thanks for your patience and best regards,

Lorenz Vauck

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
sure
Customer: replied 18 days ago.
sorry, I am not sure I want to spend the extra money.

OK great, here is my offer for a remote-assistance, after accepting it, I will instruct you how we can start the connection. Thank you very much.

Oh I understand, well, I can only say that this comes with a satisfaction guarantee and that there is no time-limit. I will fix this up for you or you will get a refund.

Can you please let me know how we should go on? I am waiting on you right now. Thank you very much.

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
I am not ready to spend $75 yet. I want to try a couple other things first

Thank you, ***** ***** absolutely welcome and my work is guaranteed, should I not be able to fix it, you will get a refund - no risk for you. Just keep me updated whenever you might need me by replying below.

Thank you very much and best regards ***** *****

Lorenz Vauck (Independent computer expert contractor to JustAnswer)

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
thanks

Thank you too!