GeekGal
GeekGal, Network Administrator
Experience:  MIS degree 15+ years Experience as Network Administrator
76665483

A few days ago my face book would stop working after about 1

Customer Question

a few days ago my face book would stop working after about 1 minute someone told me to upgrade or reload the app i did this but i could not remember my password ***** i had to reset it when i logged in my entire page all my previous friends, post, pics, were gone can you tell me how get my old page back thks mhj
Category: Networking
Expert:  GeekGal replied 6 months ago.

Hi there! My name is***** am a computer professional with over 15 years of experience with both Mac and Windows computers, phones, tablets, and printers. I'm sorry that you're having this problem. It would be my pleasure to assist you. The most likely cause of this is that you entered an email address other than the one that you were previously using., creating a new account, when instead, what you should have done was reset the password ***** the old account.

Here's how to fix it. Log OUT of the facebook account that you are currently in: Then:

⦁ Go to the Facebook login screen
⦁ In the top right, click ⦁ Forgot your password?
⦁ Type the email, phone number, full name or username associated with your account, then click on Search and follow the on-screen instructions to reset your password. If you are able to provide the requested information, you will be sent a link or a code to use for resetting your password ***** by email or by text message.
⦁ If you can’t remember the email, phone number, or username for the account, and can’t find it on the ⦁ Find Your Account page, here are some suggestions that may help:
⦁ Ask one of your Facebook friends to look at the About section of your profile and send you the email address listed in the Contact Information section.
⦁ Try entering every email address or mobile number you've owned (one at a time). You may have added an email address or mobile number to your account and forgotten about it.
⦁ Enter your ⦁ username. Your username is ***** ***** Facebook URL:

If you don't know your username, ask a friend to go to your profile and send you the username in the URL.
⦁ Try entering variations of your name, just in case you signed up using a nickname.
⦁ If you're asked to enter a friend's name, try a variety of friends if the first friend you try doesn't locate an account. Remember to enter your friend's full name, not just their first name.
Facebook, unfortunately does not provide direct phone support or live tech support. If these instructions do not help you will need to go the Facebook Help Center at www.facebook.com/help/ and search for help with your particular problem
Luckily, when all else fails, you can regain access to your account by providing proper id and uploading it to them so they can verify your identity.
Here's a link to the types of id that are acceptable
https://www.facebook.com/help/159096464162185
and here's a link to a page that tells you how to upload them:
https://www.facebook.com/help/153265828135764

Once you have regained access I recommend that you immediately update your password, your phone #, and your email address so you can more easily regain access in future if your account is hacked or your password ***** *****

Additionally you can set up "Trusted Friends" who can help you regain access to your account. Here's a link to information about Trusted Friends:
https://www.facebook.com/help/119897751441086?sr=4&query=trusted%20friends&sid=0fX5vKOneuQ7rjXGJ

If you are satisfied with my answer, please take a moment to rate me by clicking on the stars and then clicking submit or finish. If you are not satisfied, please do not issue a rating until you have provided me with an opportunity to continue troubleshooting an dto address any remaining questions or issues. Your complete satisfaction is my goal!

Expert:  GeekGal replied 6 months ago.

If you'd like, I can perform these steps for you while you watch via the Premium Service of Secure Remote Assistance. This is completely optional. If you choose to do this, I can, with your permission, remote into your computer while you watch and work on the issue for you. If you do not choose to take this service, but need more help, we can continue here.