Jason Jones, Network Technician
Experience:  Years of experience and education.
30759776

Can't get wifi signal in other room of my house, unplugged

Customer Question

can't get wifi signal in other room of my house
JA: Have you tried unplugging your router for about ten seconds? And what about other devices? Do they have connectivity?
Customer: unplugged for 10secs. all lights green
JA: What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: top 2 lights were yellow with bottom one not on
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: turning button on and off on back of router and checking connections
JA: Anything else you want the network expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: my wife said that the signal was going on and off in other rooms except the room where the router is.
Submitted: 22 days ago.
Category: Networking
Expert:  Jason Jones replied 22 days ago.

My name is ***** ***** and I look forward to assisting you today.

In your case, you have two options; either use a PowerLine adapter or a wireless extender.

Using a wireless extender is always the last resort for many resort because when you use an extender, the speed is cut in half, reliability is decreased, along with a few other problems. Due to this reason, I suggest that you use a powerline adapter.

You can find a similar piece of equipment at the following link: https://www.walmart.com/ip/TP-LINK-TL-WPA4220KIT-N300-AV500-WiFi-Powerline-Extender-Starter-Kit/34743027

You will have two adapters:
- The first one is plugged into the wall power and the router
- The second adapter is plugged into any other room in your house (I suggest putting it on the opposite end of the house)

The second adapter will then connect to the 1st adapter via the power lines in the house and create a new wireless signal that you can connect to.

One quick note: This is my job; however, I only get credit for my time, if you rate my help with 3 Stars or more. I would prefer a 5 star rating, if you are satisfied. If you are not happy with my answer below, please let me know so we can continue.

I look forward to your next message below or your rating on the top of this page (choosing of number of Stars and clicking the Submit button)

Please, do not forget to rate my help on this page.

Thank you again,
- Jason

In the future, if you wish to work with me, ***** *****, you may ask your question at the following page that you may bookmark/favorite, if you wish. To be sure that it is sent to me, preface the question with "For ***** ***** Only!"

My Profile page:

http://JasonFixedit.com