Claws224, IEEE Network Engineer
Experience:  IEEE, Microsoft
5195814

What is the voltage from a adapter for a CJE-0318 Modem I

Customer Question

What is the voltage from a adapter for a CJE-0318 Modem I have the Modem but no power supply.
Category: Networking
Expert:  Russell H. replied 7 months ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

The power supply cannot be found period - that modem is far too old.

Look on the manufacturer's label - if it is not too obscured.

Can you find it? can you read, for instance, the model # for the modem off of it?

Then it may indicate the AC V or the DV C or the V AC or the V DC on it... and perhaps mention W or Watts also. Let me know what you find out... that info will help!

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
this modem is a usrobotics 14400 Fax Modem (External) there is no voltage marking on a label or case and nothing inside.The model number i gave you was on a Bar Code. Please send Me a e-mail as that is the only way i can commucate.. there is no rush on this.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
No thanks I just thought that some one might have the info I'm looking for I did see on the internet a adapter for a lower speed modem as 9volt AC 1 amp. Must go now and get some work done...Thanks for trying....... James

9 V AC is a likely figure - I encountered it also when I did the research. But be it noted: another modem might have another voltage. There's nothing like having the specs right off the modem's manufacturer's label, which without the actual adapter, is as good an authority as you could find.