Claws224, IEEE Network Engineer
Experience:  IEEE, Microsoft
5195814

Yesterday while talking to a COMCAST tech rep I was asked to

Customer Question

Yesterday while talking to a COMCAST tech rep I was asked to bypass the router for the rep to troubleshoot a problem with COMCAST email. After the tech rep couldn't solve the problem I was transferred to an Advanced tech rep who corrected my email problem. Today I had been trying to use an IPA
JA: How much experience do you have with this particular Comcast product?
Customer: years. I didn't finish my 1st message- while trying to use my I PAD in a different part of the house I wasn't getting anywhere. Then I remembered the by passing request by the 1st tech rep and put the router back in the loop, but still did not get a wi-fi signal. I got out the CD for the NETGEAR router model WGR614v9 and tried to use it to reinstall the router information using the Smart Setup Wizard but got to a point I got a message which said there was a problem with the router connecting to the system, and that I should shut down my computer to correct the connection problem and restart my computer. I tried again to install the data to the router and got the same message to shut down and start up - with no change. Can you offer any advice on how to proceed?
JA: What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: Only what I said in my last message, which was that to shut down my computer and start it up to clear the connection problem.
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: None. Can you tell me if there is a section in the manual ( I only copied pages 15 thru 23) where I could find "troubleshooting procedures?
JA: Anything else you want the network expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Yes. I'm 79 years old, not as talented with computers as many, and whose wife was told 3 years ago when the medical doctors found she had ovarian cancer and probably would not survive because of the tumors growing long before they were discovered ( GP sent her to a surgeon because he thought she had a hernia. The surgeon sent her to a urinary specialist because he thought she had a urinary infection, but she went back to the GP and laid her out on the table (kike he should have at first) an palpitated her abdominal area until she screamed. A CAT scan showed a tumor the size of a grapefruit on her pelvic bone and another one wrapped around an ovary. I have been a little busy trying to help her with 3 years of 18 weeks of chemo each year and finally on the last 18 weeks of taking a 6 week break in chemo to help her body build up because of problems with her eyesight and balance that have been occurring for months. Other than that, not much
Category: Networking
Expert:  Byron replied 2 months ago.

Hi. My name is***** you for your question and the opportunity to assist.

Are you using a basic cable modem from Comcast that doesn't have wireless and you have your 614 connected to it

or do you have one of the modem/router/wireless units from Comcast?