Claws224, IEEE Network Engineer
Experience:  IEEE, Microsoft
5195814

On my other lap top I can no longer connect to the net gear.

Customer Question

On my other lap top I can no longer connect to the net gear. I can on this lap top. when I try to connect on the other laptop, I can not remember the password ***** netgear? I thought it was ADMIN, and I pushed the button on the box, but it did not work
JA: How much experience do you have with this particular Netgear router?
Customer: A lot, the last time I had to get your assistance was about a year ago when I had the same problem.
JA: What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: Nothing, am on the computer that's hooked in to the cloud right now. The othen one, I use for printing and research and is not logged on to netgear right now.
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: The only problem i am having is, I cant not active net gear to get on the internet!
JA: Anything else you want the network expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No!
Category: Networking
Expert:  Tim replied 6 months ago.

Hey there, I'm Tim, sounds like you lost your wireless password....Admin is for the administration portion of the router, not for connecting to the internet. Is that the problem, getting online?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I oked rhe payment of $40 already. I was surposed to receive the pasword information to my cell phone, but I haven't?
Expert:  Tim replied 6 months ago.

Your payment failed - Customer service 1(###) ###-#### or contact your bank. Sorry, i'm not sure why it failed. And we do not have your personal password....how could we? We can help you resolve the issue, but yeah, payment failed. Sorry.