Bob James
Bob James,
Experience:  IT Support Specialist & Network Support at American Furniture Warehouse
96807910

Instructions say "use a network manager on a computer to

Customer Question

Instructions say "use a network manager on a computer to find and connect to the extender WiFi network NETGEAR_EXT" After doing so, the connection with the extender should be established and the Client Link LED should light up. I have been unable to find this "NETGEAR_EXT anywhere. Please Help Me.
JA: Can you describe your network setup (devices and cables used)?
Customer: I have a NetGear wireless router. It is hard wired to the computer. WiFi works fine, it just doesn't have enough range. The computer runs on Windows 10
JA: What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: ?????????
JA: What confuses you?
Customer: I can't find how to connect my router to the N300WiFi Range extender I purchased today.
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: None yet
JA: Anything else you want the network expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: If you can connect my router to the extender, please do so.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Networking
Expert:  Bob James replied 1 month ago.

Did the N300WiFi extender come with a CD? Did you insert the CD in the computer and install any software? I'm hoping the NETGEAR_EXE software is on the CD, and it only needs to be installed on the computer. Please try and let me know?

Thank you.

Customer: replied 26 days ago.
I figured out the problem myself and the extender is fully functional. Your help is not needed.
P.S. I was charged $5 "good faith fee" which I understood and provided credit card info for the $5. On my Discover card account I have been charged an additional $19. fee. Is this a one time fee or was I tricked into subscribing for a monthly fee?? If it is a one time fee, I will pay the $5. & $19. charges and tack it off to I should have known better. If it is a monthly subscription, I will not pay it.
Expert:  Bob James replied 26 days ago.

I am glad you resolved the issue. I am also looking into an answer for the fees you've been charged, I apologize that I do not have an immediate answer for that - I will let you know what I find out.

Expert:  Bob James replied 25 days ago.

For the billing part of your request, please contact Customer Service assistance at this link:
http://ww2.justanswer.com/help
You can chat, call, or send a support request.

Or you could email Customer Service directly at:

*****@******.***

As a "professional" on JustAnswer.com, I do not have any access to accounting or payments, Customer Service will help you with that.

Again, I am glad your issue was resolved.