Claws224, IEEE Network Engineer
Experience:  IEEE, Microsoft
5195814

I have reset my Seagateas you have suggested. When I go to

Customer Question

I have reset my Seagate*****as you have suggested. When I go to Windows explorer (Windows 10) the old private folders still exist. I can open the public folder and go to "manage Seagate Central but I cannot setup new or use old private folders. When I go to the website I can't log in because I have forgotten my USID and password. When I try to rest using my email address, the window says that it isn't a valid email address. I am going in circles. Can you help. All I want to do is start over as if I just bought this network drive. I don't care at this point if I lose any data on the drive. I am trying to set up two windows 10 computers with private folders, and an IMAC. My email address is***@******.***. I can be reached at(###) ###-####after 10:30 tomorrow. Thank you.
JA: Have you tried having password ***** directions emailed to you?
Customer: yes but Seagate central doesn't seem to know my email address. It tells me that it is invalid.
JA: What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: I reset the network drive by unplugging and rebooting and then using the reset button on the bottom of the drive.
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: What should I try?
JA: Anything else you want the network expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I can't think of anything. Thank you.
Category: Networking
Expert:  Richard replied 6 months ago.

Hi there and welcome

First, if you go to the Seagate Central Admin page. Can you create a new account there?