Tim
Tim, Sr. Engineer
Experience:  Sr. Systems and Network Engineer
75378780

New cable box from Xfinity (X1platform) and now I can't

Customer Question

new cable box from Xfinity (X1platform) and now I can't reset my Linksys wireless router. Just bought a new modem too thinking that was the issue but I still can't connect! HELP!!
JA: Have you tried "power cycling" your router -- unplugging it and letting it rest for about ten seconds?
Customer: Yes numerous times. the problem is there is now no place to plug the internet (yellow) plug into the new box so I plugged it into the TV and the TV reads it but won't connect to network all my settings were wiped out
JA: What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: TV asked to setup wifi connection and it sees the link sys but passwords are not working
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I have tried powering off and on cable box, TV and router, I have reset everything, and I have unplugged all and reconnected. Today I bought a modem and connected that too. Still not connected
JA: Anything else you want the network expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I can usually do this stuff fairly well on my own. Not this time. :(
Submitted: 29 days ago.
Category: Networking
Expert:  Tim replied 29 days ago.

Hey there, I'm Tim and will do my best to assist. So the new cable box will not talk to the router correct? And you tried resetting the old one, and bought a new one as well?

Customer: replied 29 days ago.
but today I bought a new modem thinking that was the issue...they are all working and I still cannot reset the link sys router. All of my settings are gone from the wireless router.
Expert:  Tim replied 29 days ago.

hmm, ok. Let me take a look in abit.

Customer: replied 29 days ago.
Not possible
Customer: replied 29 days ago.
I appreciate your help...I am now talking with customer support with Linksys
Expert:  Tim replied 29 days ago.

Ok, sorry, i got hung up with someone else. Let me know if you still need help. Their support is generally lack luster.

Customer: replied 29 days ago.
far so good! But thank you!
Expert:  Tim replied 29 days ago.

Gotcha, let me know, I will be on stand by for a while - Please do rate my service in the upper right hand corner of your screen, if you are going to leave a negative rating, please do not rate.

Thanks much,

Tim