Claws224, IEEE Network Engineer
Experience:  IEEE, Microsoft
5195814

My Cisco Wireless wifi stopped working and can't restart.

Customer Question

JA: Have you tried unplugging your router for about ten seconds? And what about other devices? Do they have connectivity?
Customer: Haven't tried unplugging router but have unplugged my speed touch router which is now working.
JA: What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: Not sure what you mean by popped up.
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Contacted my internet provider and he walked me through and to get the internet to work had to move the cisco connection to the other router.
JA: Anything else you want the network expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I have an older browser that sometimes interferes with some programs.
Submitted: 28 days ago.
Category: Networking
Expert:  Lorenz Vauck replied 28 days ago.

Dear Client,

thank you very much for your question. My name is***** am a computer expert since 17 years and I will be assisting you today.

As far as I understand, you are connected via ethernet cable to your router right now, but would like to get WIFI working again (which does not seem to work), is this correct? If so, I could take a look at your router settings and setup the WIFI for you again, via a remote-connection. However, this only works if you are connected via ethernet to your router right now. Please let me know if this is the case.

Thanks for your patience and best regards,

Lorenz Vauck

Customer: replied 28 days ago.
Is a secure connection quaranteed for this. I am not totally comfortable with my knowledge use of the internet for this as I am used to the phone.
Customer: replied 28 days ago.
Limited funds so will try locally but thank you for your time.

Thank you for your reply. Yes, it is safe, as you will be watching your screen and we will chat there as well, so that you will always know what I will be doing next while fixing the problem. If you move your mouse or type on your keyboard, I am locked out from doing anything during the whole session. So I can´t do no harm to you at all.

What would be important to know before though: are you connected to the router via ethernet right now?

I think we should really get this done, since locally you´ll have to pay a lot more for this from my experience - costs to come to your house will already exceed $30 + costs of about $80 / hour afterwards are normal in such a case. Here, I will do it for a flat fee of $39, regardless how long it takes and we can begin right now as well.

Customer: replied 28 days ago.
I still decline and will live without wifi for now. I appreciate your efforts and am okay without for a while. Thank you

OK thank you for letting me know and good luck to you. If you change your mind, just reply here again, I am around daily.

Best regards,

Lorenz Vauck