Claws224, IEEE Network Engineer
Experience:  IEEE, Microsoft
5195814

I cant get my Netgear WiFi range extender to sync with my

Customer Question

I cant get my Netgear WiFi range extender to sync with my xfinity router/modem
JA: How much experience do you have with this particular Netgear router?
Customer: Ive had one for 5 years and it stopped working on Saturday. I purchased this one today and it is the same model as the one that quit
JA: What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: I don't understand the question
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Ive attemped to access the netware geini site but my system list it as unable to access the page. I then went to the netgear information site and attemped to download the filmware but that failed. I also attempted to call the 2 netgear tech assist phone numbers available on line in area code 844, but both were not accepting calls. Since they are suppose to be 24/7 tech services I found that a bit disquieting
JA: Anything else you want the network expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Ive been at this for the last two days and I am at wits end. I have 5 computers in the house that are WiFi enabled and are now useless without the range extender. This machine is connected via Ethernet so its the only one available, however, because its hardwired, I cant access the netgear wifi extender site.
Submitted: 27 days ago.
Category: Networking
Expert:  Byron replied 27 days ago.

Hi. My name is***** you for your question and the opportunity to assist.

Any of your wireless computers are able to connect to the wireless network the extender is broadcasting.

You can use one of those to set it up. Plug the extender in within range of your router, hold down the reset button for 10 seconds and release. The extender broadcasts a wireless network named NETGEAR_EXT. It should be visible in the list

of wireless networks on a laptop/PC. Select NETGEAR_EXT and Connect to it (password ***** required). There won't be an internet connection.

You'll only be connected to the extender itself which is all you need to get it connected to your router.

Once the status shows as Connected to the NETGEAR_EXT network open a browser and go to

www.mywifiext.net

That should get you connected to the Netgear configuration pages that reside on the extender.

A wizard will walk you through connecting to your Comcast network.

Expert:  Byron replied 26 days ago.

Hi. Do you still need assistance with your extender?