Claws224, IEEE Network Engineer
Experience:  IEEE, Microsoft
5195814

My Linksys WRT 1200AC HAS CHANGED THE PASSWORD. I DO HAVE A

Customer Question

My Linksys WRT 1200AC HAS CHANGED THE PASSWORD. I DO HAVE A CUSTOMER ACCOUNT BUT THE ONE OF TWO PASSWORDS I USE ARE NOT ACCEPTED. i HAVE BEEN USING THE "GUEST" PASSWORD ***** WHICH WAS ASSIGNED WHEN I INSTALLED THE PRODUCT. HELP I CAN'T ACCESS MY INFORMATION BECAUSE MY SMARTPHONE WON'T ACCEPT THE radish95 PASSWORD.
Category: Networking
Expert:  Thomas Ruiz replied 7 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I would like to assist you with this issue. I am going to provide you with two links that should resolved the problem you are encountering. If the password ***** ***** longer working or the device seems to have locked you out, you'll need to do a hard reset (provided in the first link below).

https://routers-reset.info/712/reset/Linksys/WRT1200AC

After the reset you'll need to go through the setup procedure again. Be aware that in order to reconfigure it you will need to be directly connected using an ethernet cable. If you need additional information/steps for the setup, I would reference the Linksys Support manual for your model device (Listed below)

http://cache-www.belkin.com/support/dl/MAN_WRT1200AC_LNKPG-00192_RevA00_Intl.pdf

Let me know if either of these pages are helpful in aiding to resolve your issue.