Claws224, IEEE Network Engineer
Experience:  IEEE, Microsoft
5195814

I recently had my cable box and modem updated by Comcast. I

Customer Question

I recently had my cable box and modem updated by Comcast. I am trying to get my wireless HP printer reconnected to the Home Network. I have turned on the printer (Power button is steady green) and I can run through the digital display screens but all of the individual items are locked, and when I use the HP diagnostic it tells me the printer is not turned on, which I do not seem to be able to correct. I have rebooted the printer and the modem, but still no printer connectivity to the network. The new modem is a dual line and I am using the 2.4 option as the 5 does not work with HP printers. I need help getting printer connectivity up and running.
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your HP is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: HP Officejet Pro 8600 N11 about 4 years old.
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I have used HP troubleshooting software installed on my HP Spectre laptop.
JA: Anything else you want the electronics expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I am trying to establish wireless connection to printer. It worked fine with the previous Comcast modem. I am guessing there is a "switch" that has not been tripped but do not know how to fix the problem.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Networking
Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 month ago.

Hello! My name is*****
I am a certified computer professional who will assist you.

Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 month ago.

The problem can be solved by running the HP printer drivers again, and choosing the "Wireless connection" as a preferred way of connecting the printer to the computer.

Have you already done that?

Let me know.

Expert:  IT Miro replied 29 days ago.

Hello again!

I am following up with you to see if you require further assistance. Let me know by sending me a reply below.

Thanks,