Claws224, IEEE Network Engineer
Experience:  IEEE, Microsoft
5195814

I have an 8 Year old Netgear Modem, with Optus network

Customer Question

Hi, My name is ***** ***** I have an 8 Year old Netgear Modem, with Optus network DG834GHv5. Which would be the best one to buy to update. I am having trouble not beingt able to connect to my wi fi with laptop (Windows 10) and I thought it may be using an old model modem.
JA: Have you tried unplugging your router for about ten seconds? And what about other devices? Do they have connectivity?
Customer: My mobile phone does and I'me able to connect my desktop with ethernet cable
JA: What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: It was not lond after the free windows 10 was downloaded and at the same time AVG was updating new drivers on my laptopo
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Windows 10 troubleshooter
JA: Anything else you want the network expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Not at this stage, other than the fact that i'm 77 years old and as you can see i'm not very fast
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Networking
Expert:  bbao replied 1 month ago.

Hi Bery,

Welcome to JustAnswer, this is Bing

Is this the old modem you currently have?

Do you mean only your Windows 10 computer has trouble to access the Internet through this wireless modem router then your ADSL connection?