Pete, Networking Engineer
Experience:  CISCO Certified Networking Engineer
30970729

My computer utilizes two internet connections: - One is a

Customer Question

My computer utilizes two internet connections:
- One is a corporate network that I use to access the NAS drives + Printers + Intranet.
- One is my own personal 4G internet connection.
The corporate network will not work unless I enable the corporate proxy.
If I enable the corporate proxy the 4G connection does not work.
Is there a way in which I can use both rather than constantly enabling/disabling the proxy setting and each respective network adapter?
It is important to note that I have already tried the following:
-VPN
-Commercial NLB software
It is my understanding that utilizing dual-WAN routers would effectively merge them. Although I am unsure how the router would handle the fact that they do not both work under the proxy as explained above.
Ideally, I would prefer avoiding buying a router.
Thanks in advance.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Networking
Expert:  Pete replied 1 month ago.

Hi, I'm Pete. Welcome to JustAnswer! I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

Expert:  Pete replied 1 month ago.

The corporate proxy is configured in such a way to prevent any security threats.

Having the 4G internet connection enabled at the same time is a threat, as it could potentially allow hackers to use the 4G connection to access the corporate network.

The only way around this would be to ask your corporate's IT department to allow the 4G connection to work at the same time as their proxy - this is something that they are highly unlikely to agree to, however.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
This has been discussed previously and would require that they make an exception rule in the proxy firewall for my 4G which is not allowed and also impossible as it would simply need to be changed every time my 4G switches IP's.What I'm looking for is a way to use my own personal internet as it is much faster, whilst not needing to constantly switch back to the corporate network to use printers etc.I do not need access to the internet from the corporate network if thats an issue.I just need access to network devices when I need them.Normally they will remain available for about 1-2 minutes after I turn off the proxy then suddenly they will appear as disconnected.Is there no way to achieve this?
Expert:  Pete replied 1 month ago.

Once the corporate proxy detects it, it will block it so there is no way around this without amending the corporate proxy policies, whether you need it for internet or not.