Russell H., Internet and LAN
Experience:  11 years work with Internet/IP, routers, networks, servers
13568747

My Sharp Roku tv wont allow me to stream cnn.go or any other

my Sharp Roku tv wont allow me to stream cnn.go or any other cnn station. shouldn't I beable to stream whatever I want with a smart tv?

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

What error (or condition, e.g. blank screen, white screen, 'snow' on screen) happens when you try to stream a CNN station ?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
says it is not available to me , as if not allowed with my hulu package
it accepts the activation code but tells me the channel isnt available to me.

I see.

What is the exact and full text of the error message?

This might be one of several things, and the exact error message will indicate it, I think.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
dont have it available to me right now, it wasn't an error message per sey, more like "this isn't in your package" proprietary BS type message

OK. That sounds as if you would be well-advised to check with your Roku service provider.

Perhaps CNN channels aren't in your service plan.

Perhaps service plans have shifted their coverage... a shame if so, but it can happen.

And even more likely: your account needs to be checked on, and verified as to channels it covers and pays for and should have access to.

This adds up to a check on your Roku service provider's status as to your account, and also as to CNN channels... since CNN channels all being one network, it's possible also that the CNN network is simply 'down' at the moment... in which case, reporting that to your Roku service provider may get them onto the problem.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
a service plan was not what I had in mind when I bought a smart tv....sheech...

I'm not quite sure what the situation is. But CNN stations may be down. How long has the problem with CNN stations been like this?