Richard, Network Specialist
Experience:  20 years consulting in the IT industry with Networking

We have successfully installed the Netgear WiFi to one

we have successfully installed the Netgear WiFi to one computer, a roku, and a playstation but can't get it connected to another computer in a different room
JA: Have you tried unplugging your router for about ten seconds? And what about other devices? Do they have connectivity?
Customer: Right now three devices have connectivity but another computer in a different room says no internet.
JA: What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: Nothing, this computer with the problem was the fourth device we tried to connect and is only one that failed. We contacted support with our cable provider but they say it is not on their end
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: We have shut the computer down and restarted it several times. We have tried with the Quick Start High Speed Modem Model CM500 and without.
JA: Anything else you want the network expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I think that is about it.

Hi there and welcome

What exactly happens when you try to connect the computer? What error or issue do you get?

And which version of windows or mac is it running?

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Windows 10 network is not connected, when we go to Ethernet, it doesn't show the NETGEAR24 as an option
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
also, not sure if WiFi is suppose to be an option, but it isn't

What is the make and model of the computer?

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Not sure if remote connection will help since it's the other computer that is having the problem and without internet I don't think you can connect to that.

No, remote it not needed, it is something the website offers which you can ignore.

Can you tell me the make and model of the computer please Neil

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
It's an EMachine not sure what model only number I could find on it was 1A22493036000050133D280C not sure that helps

ok, the problem is it does not have a wifi card, this is why you cannot connect it Neil, but there is a very simple solution.

Purchase this wifi adapter for $9 which plugs into the USB port on the computer

It will provide the computer with WIFI capabilities and you can then connect to the wifi network.

If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And please take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit

Thank you

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Thank you.

Your welcome Neil

If you need anything else, let me know and please remember the service rating via one of the stars at the top of the screen the submit

Thank you