Viet - Network Tech
Viet - Network Tech, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Great troubleshooting skills with computer and network.
30037186

My IPad will not connect to the internet?

Customer Question

Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Networking
Expert:  bbao replied 1 month ago.

Hi There. I am Bing and I look forward to helping you with your issue today.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thanks
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Just help me on this problem
Expert:  bbao replied 1 month ago.

Just first to clarify, it is not connected to the local Wi-Fi network, or not connected to the Internet? The first is to troubleshoot mainly on the iPad, the second also needs to troubleshoot on the local router or even the Internet side if the connection is service specific. Can you please clarify?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
the internet is on. we are on the computer
Expert:  bbao replied 1 month ago.

Do you mean all local computers are connected to the Internet via a Wi-Fi router, just a specific iPad can't connect to the same Wi-Fi router? Or, the iPad can be wireless connected, but still not Internet accessible?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
we have had no problem with the IPad until today the IPad says that we are not connected to the internet our computer is working so the Ipad just tells us that we are not connected to the internet on the screen of the IPad
Expert:  bbao replied 1 month ago.

Interesting. A screenshot of the error message from the iPad please?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
As i indicated earlier the screen on the IPad says that we are not connected to the internet. Today is the only time that we have seen that message so therefor what would be wrong?
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
do not have knowledge to do so
Expert:  bbao replied 1 month ago.

> the IPad says that we are not connected to the internet

It seems not the original error message. to determine a specific reason, I need to see the specific, original error message. Can you please post a screenshot of it? You may use any phone to take the picture.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Don't have the ability to do what you ask sorry
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
explain how to screeshot
Expert:  bbao replied 1 month ago.

Okay. Do you know how to connect your iPad to local wireless router? To do so from Settings > WiFi, turn it ON and choose a wireless network then input password? Was it successful? What is shown on the Settings > WiFi page?

Expert:  bbao replied 1 month ago.

> explain how to screeshot

As your iPad is NOT connected, you can't take a screenshot of itself and send it out.

What I am asking is to use any smartphone to take a picture of the error message saying something like "we are not connected to the internet" on the iPad screen. A pretty simple job.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Sorry we do not have a smartphone nothing is as simple as you ask. That is why we ask your help. Perhaps our problem is beyond solving feeling like it is too large of a problem. Will end up selling on E-Bay and purchasing another brand. Noy satisfied thanks
Expert:  bbao replied 1 month ago.

OK, I opt out and let other experts help.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
If further charges I'm not paying THANKS
Expert:  Viet - Network Tech replied 1 month ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. I'm another tech; I can help you with this. There is not any further charge, so don't worry.

Are you able to open Settings app icon on the iPad?
Please reply at the box below. Thank you,

Solution #1:

- On your iPad, please press and hold both the Power (On / Off) button and the Home button (which is located right below the screen) together for at least 10 seconds, until the Apple logo appears, then wait a bit, then check Internet.

Solution #2:

- If that does not work, please open Settings app icon on the iPad, then tap on option General, then scroll down on the right, then tap on option Reset, then tap on option Reset network settings, and confirm Reset, then wait a bit for the iPad to restart.

, then open Settings app icon, then tap on option Wi-Fi, then select / connect to your wi-fi/wireless network name and check Internet.

Solution #3:

- If it still does not work, please disconnect the power cord(s) from your internet modem / router device(s) for a couple of minutes, then re-connect, then wait a few minutes, and check Internet.

- If needed, do this again: Open Settings app icon, then tap on option Wi-Fi, then select / connect to your wi-fi/wireless network name and check Internet.

- Optional: We can talk on the phone if you'd like to.

Please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help further. Thank you,

Customer: replied 1 month ago.

Thank you. Please try each of the following three solutions until it works:

Solution #1:

Solution #2:

Solution #3:

- If needed, do this again: Open Settings app icon on the iPad, then tap on option Wi-Fi, then select / connect to your wi-fi/wireless network name and check Internet.

Please reply at the box below to continue. Thank you,

How is it going? Please let me know if you are stuck at any step.

When you are available, please reply at the box below to continue. Thank you,

How are you? It's been about a week. Have you tried my solution(s) above yet? Are you stuck at any step?

Do you still need help with the iPad internet issue and/or with anything else?

When you are available, please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help further. Thank you