bbao
bbao, System Administrator
Experience:  Certified Information Systems Security Professional / Certified Information Security Manager / Microsoft Most Valuable Professional
96068672

I have an is this a note notebook X 55 and I forgot the

Customer Question

Hello I have an is this a note notebook X 55 and I forgot the password ***** get in and I cannot get in I don't know what to do can you help me
Category: Networking
Expert:  bbao replied 3 months ago.

Hi There. I am Bing and I look forward to helping you with your issue today.

Expert:  bbao replied 3 months ago.

Please clarify if the device is Asus Asus X55 series?

Which version of Linux are you using?

What kind of password ***** you referring to? The password ***** log in the Linux OS?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Asus X55c. Using cinnamon or default session or cinnamon (software rendering) I need the password ***** log into as soon as you turn on the computer access to get into the computer
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Are you telling me it's $39 to access my computer plus the 49 I have already submitted to is that true
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Because if that is the case I do not want to spend more than my initial payment I only paid $40 for this notebook to begin with so I do not want to spend one dime more I'd rather throw it away
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Hello are you there can you just call me that would be a lot easier my number is(###) ###-####
Expert:  bbao replied 3 months ago.

You no need to pay more and I am telling you the answer now.

Follow the steps in below link and reset the password ***** none.

https://dc505.wordpress.com/2012/08/22/how-to-reset-your-linux-password-if-you-forget-it/

The extra payment is for Premium Service, such as providing remote assistance, which is not suitable in your case. As the steps shown in the above link, you need to physicaly access the target Linux host and reboot for a few times. There is no remote session could help you this way.

Expert:  bbao replied 3 months ago.

Have you already tried the suggestion? Worked? Any issues?