Claws224, IEEE Network Engineer
Experience:  IEEE, Microsoft
5195814

My bunker security system just shows the pictures. I can't

Customer Question

My bunker hill security system just shows the pictures. I can't do anything, no mouse, no recording. I have unplugged, is there a hard reboot?
JA: Can you describe your network setup (devices and cables used)?
Customer: H.264 bunker hill 4 camera recording, about 3 years old. I can see the screen and see what's going on but can access menu or record. can't even push buttons on the recording device either. does nothing but look at what the camera is seeing at that moment
JA: What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: Nothing. Just notice about a week ago it wasn't recording and now I can't even access anthing. anything
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Unplugged numerous times, and then it says initialing system and then I see the screen again. I took out this little thing that plugs into the back of the dvr, maybe the sim car but not a sim card, nothing
JA: Anything else you want the network expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no, that's it. I just want to know if there is some way to reboot, a hard reboot?
Category: Networking
Expert:  Kevin T replied 4 months ago.

How's it going.
Let me read of your question. Give me a minute.

Expert:  Kevin T replied 4 months ago.

is this dvr networked

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Not networked, just on the system it came with, no phone internet etc., just the standing unit.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
It is a dvr system
Expert:  Kevin T replied 4 months ago.

What's the make and model please? Is it a DVR?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Item number 68332, serial ####-##-#### H.264 4CH DVR
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Bunker Hill
Expert:  Kevin T replied 4 months ago.

Is the menu lock on? This button could be on and will lock the whole unit.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I can't press anything. I will try. I never put a menu lock on. I can't even move the mouse. It was recording and then one day it wasn't so I was going to press record again and nothing. Just a picture. I have no idea how to unlock the menu if it doesn't respond to anything. Do I hold a button down for a certain amount of time?
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I thought there might be some kind of hard reboot but I have not found anything. There is not a power button. Just unplug and plug back in.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Are we still in a conversation? I can't see your icon anymore?
Expert:  Kevin T replied 4 months ago.

Yes we are, is there a status button on the back of the unit?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
No, there are just plug-ins for the cameras and they are all on and 2 usb ports for the mouse, a plug in for something that says LAN but nothing in that plug, and next to that is a little thing plugged into the dvr. I have removed that and put it back thinking it might be a flash drive of some type....don't think so.
Expert:  Kevin T replied 4 months ago.

It looks likea a hardware issue