Claws224, IEEE Network Engineer
Experience:  IEEE, Microsoft

I own a small business, and I have a W-FI networks that my

Customer Question

I own a small business, and I have a W-FI networks that my clients you that is password ***** but someone has been downloading copyright movies. It is about 800 customers, and I already changed the password ***** will not work if the person downloading the material is a member. Is there anyway I can set my WI-FI so it want to open to sites of this kind?
Submitted: 20 days ago.
Category: Networking
Expert:  Russell H. replied 20 days ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

You can set your server to block certain specified sites, definitely.

But setting the WiFi access to block sites is somewhat less likely. Some routers have, if my memory served, had built into their configuration a Parental Control facility that could block certain websites.

Would that do for your needs, and for this purpose?

Customer: replied 20 days ago.
Is there a router where we set a password ***** each individual, this way we could identify who is abusing the service? If so, do you have a part number?

I have not heard of that sort of router at all. I suspect there is no such router... but I am looking it up:

... what you are looking for, is not a router box of any kind, but rather a RADIUS authentication server. That can provide each login to the wireless with their own password.

Customer: replied 20 days ago.
that is what I am looking for.
Customer: replied 20 days ago.
I am away from the office, and will not be there until tomorrow morning.

Have a good evening, please. Let me know when you are ready to resume. Thanks.