Richard, Network Specialist
Experience:  20 years consulting in the IT industry with Networking
32989067

How can I speed up my iPad? It pup up" setting ". Apple

Customer Question

How can I speed up my iPad?
It pup up " setting ".
Apple genius said, erase photos, is there more I can do to speed up?
This iPad is 5 years old, is it time to change?
Category: Networking
Expert:  Isaac Franklin replied 2 months ago.

Hello. My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

There is so much more you can do for your ipad to speed it up other than pictures. I am

leaving you a link below to follow 11 really great tips to help you. Follow thru the steps

http://www.macworld.co.uk/how-to/ipad/how-speed-up-ipad-tips-3632709/

Those are steps that will make it run faster, but it is very old and this is for just the ipad, not your

network speed.

For 'speed' while using your wifi, keep in mind, that it will only run as fast as your network you

are connected too at the time.

If you are satisfied with the help I have provided, please remember to click and submit a 5 star rating on this page. Your feedback is important as it is the only way I am credited for assisting you. Thank you.
~Franklin

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Please tell me your own words. For example; 1.xxx 2.xxxx.

Yes. Just give me a few minutes. I will copy them for you.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Please let ather expert answer.
Thank you
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Relist: Answer quality.
Sarcastic.
I don't want website, asked expert to answer.
Expert:  Richard replied 2 months ago.

Hi there and welcome

First, can you tell me what you have already tried to do to speed it up?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Erased some photos that made some more space, but still slow. I edited emails to trash that not sure if made any better. I though that after edited some emails to trash, those emails won't receive in box, but still I get same junk emails.
I turned off completely for a while, made big deference. Is there more I can do?
Expert:  Richard replied 2 months ago.

Ok, do the following please

Hold the home and power buttons on the iPad for about 10 seconds until you see the Apple Logo then release.

Then let the iPad restart and tell me how it now functions please.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
That I did it " I turned off for a while " means.
Expert:  Richard replied 2 months ago.

but this is not turning it off for a while... Did you do the exact instructions I gave?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I have done it. That made big deference. Is there any more trick?
Expert:  Richard replied 2 months ago.

There are two more tricks, the first is to go to settings, general, reset, reset all settings

If it still is slow, then your only other option is to do a full reset, which is via settings, general, reset, erase all content and reset settings, but this removes all data and return it to new, so it is a last resort.

If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And please take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit

Thank you

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Thanks. Another question - I was writing draft in email, all of sadden, writing changed in blue and rest of writing is black. Can I bring black color? How can I avoid changing color?
Expert:  Richard replied 2 months ago.

This site is per a question, and we are only compensated as such. Can I ask please that you rate me on this question and make a new question from this.

Thank you

Expert:  Richard replied 2 months ago.

I was also never rated by you for this question either

http://www.justanswer.com/computer-networking/9dw1e-leave-message-tub-without-email-address.html

was there a reason for this?