Claws224, IEEE Network Engineer
Experience:  IEEE, Microsoft

Cant connect to internet wifi button turns itself off after

Customer Question

cant connect to internet wifi button turns itself off after 5 seconds
Submitted: 24 days ago.
Category: Networking
Expert:  bbao replied 24 days ago.

Hi There. I am Bing and I look forward to helping you with your issue today.

Expert:  bbao replied 24 days ago.

Can you please advise what particular product you are talking about?

Customer: replied 24 days ago.
Samsung tablet galaxy 2 *70 how can u hook up when I cant get a connection
Customer: replied 24 days ago.
r u still there
Expert:  bbao replied 24 days ago.

Yes, I am here. The same product as below?

Customer: replied 24 days ago.
Expert:  bbao replied 24 days ago.

I actually bought the same model before, but never had such an issue.

If you have followed the right way to reset the device (holding the power button for 8-10 seconds) and the problem persists, it would be highly likely a hardware faulty. You better send it back to Samsung for replacement if it is still in warranty or repair.

Expert:  bbao replied 24 days ago.

If you are still keen to let more experts step in, I may out out. Please advise.

Customer: replied 24 days ago.
I guess that will end our session,u couldn't answer my question so I get full refund
Expert:  bbao replied 24 days ago.

Not actually, other experts will continue to serve you in the same session until you are 100% satisfied.

You may get full refund if you could not find a solution. (be aware returning to the vendor is a solution, as I suggested.:-))

Customer: replied 24 days ago.
that is not the solution im not satisfied retuning it is an option not a solution
Expert:  bbao replied 24 days ago.

Okay, I opt out, please wait for a moment for the next expert. Good luck.

Expert:  Bruce Wilner replied 24 days ago.

Hello. Perhaps I can assist you.

First, though, I would strongly advise you to accept Bing's recommendation. Bing is an outstanding computer technician who conducted a proper diagnosis and analysis. His recommendation comes from the facts and from your explanation of the problem, not from thin air!

Is there any further information you can provide about the situation? When did it first arise? How old is the unit? Does it occur all the time, X percent of the time, etc.?

Please bear in mind that--particularly with these ultra-small (actually, I should say ultra-thin) units--power problems are far from uncommon. You may have noticed that battery technology appears to lag everything else in the "high tech" world: while processors have gotten 100x faster over the course of several years, battery lifetimes have scarcely improved 10x.