bbao
bbao, System Administrator
Experience:  Certified Information Systems Security Professional / Certified Information Security Manager / Microsoft Most Valuable Professional
96068672

I am looking for a 2Wire 1000-100076-000 PCI wireless

Customer Question

I am looking for a 2Wire 1000-100076-000 PCI wireless adapter to use in my current WiFi system.
JA: Can you describe your network setup (devices and cables used)?
Customer: CenturyLink 7224. Windows XP Computer system. Ethernet cable connection not working while the wireless works on other XP systems in house. Appears to be a driver problem and the easiest way to correct is to install an wireless adapter card. Currectly using a 1000-100076-000 PCI in our other desktop and am having no issues. Looking on the internet I'm finding 2wire 802.11g cards but the numbers do not match. What cards in the 1000 series would interchange with the 1000-100076-000 PCI
JA: What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: computer quit accessing the internet via the ethernet cable
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: contacted CenturyLink tech support. Their tests showed the router working but as XP is no longer supported the ethernet connection indicates no connection
JA: Anything else you want the network expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Just what cards are interchangeable with the 1000-100076-000 PCI
Category: Networking
Expert:  bbao replied 2 months ago.

Hi There. I am Bing and I look forward to helping you with your issue today.

Expert:  bbao replied 2 months ago.

Please give me a few minutes to review your question.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I am looking for wireless adapter card. the system with the issue currently has no internet access
Expert:  bbao replied 2 months ago.

Got it. Let me do a quick research against your requirements.

Expert:  bbao replied 2 months ago.

No idea why the 2wire.com site is so slow from my side. How about yours?

Expert:  bbao replied 2 months ago.

I can access other sites without any issue. But we do need to check their support site for spec details :(

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Their contact function just keeps me on the same page. Perhaps I can speed things up. I found a 2wire 802.11g 1000-100075-000 PCI adpter online. Is it interchangeable with the 1000-100076-000 PCI?
Expert:  bbao replied 2 months ago.

at least the driver is different.

1000-100076-000, 1000-100078-000 and 1000-100081-000 are sharing the same driver.

Can you please let me know the link about 1000-100075-000 you found online?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I believe it was EBay. I typed the product info on Google searchand got a hi on EBay and Amazon. Found an exact match on Amazon but the guy thinks it is made of gold and priced it out of my reach. The 100075 was more like it, just the question of compatability.
Expert:  bbao replied 2 months ago.

The key is get 1000-100076-000's PCI spec, which seems not available online. Do you have a printed copy of its user manual?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
A user manual was not included with the unit
Expert:  bbao replied 2 months ago.

Okay, I would suggest the following steps:

1. Select an eBay seller selling 1000-100076-000, such as this one, send them a message to ask for the adapter's PCI spec by saying you need to make sure the item is compatible with your computer (you may provide them the computer model).

2. Do the same thing against 1000-100075-000.

3. Compare the PCI spec obtained from the sellers, make sure they are the SAME standard.

Does it make sense?

Expert:  bbao replied 2 months ago.

BTW, as given above, this seller give lot of 1000-100076-000 at here. The same number, you may consider buying the same product instead of choosing an alternative.BUT, be aware it seems the seller put a wrong product description on eBay - HP SCSI HD. :)

Expert:  bbao replied 2 months ago.

Your thought please?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Makes better sense than what I got when I tried to call the support line. 2Wire was bought by Pace. Pace was bought by Arrys (sp). Arris says Pace has the info but there is no contact number and to contact my internet provider (that was the starting point for this whole enterprise). Looks like the link is in France. I'll try your suggestion. f that doesn't work, I'll probably take a shot in the dark and assume, if the frequencies match and the model numbers fist four digits match, I'm in the ball park. Thanks for trying.
Expert:  bbao replied 2 months ago.

> Looks like the link is in France.

Not really, just a French eBay's link (sorry, by mistake). The item is actually at Morgan Hill, California, United States.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/LOT-of-800-2Wire-802-11g-PCI-Wireless-Adapter-PA-G-BR-05-1000-100076-000-NEW-/201590919590

> if the frequencies match and the model numbers fist four digits match

As I said, the key is to match PCI spec, including version, pins layout, power and speed. 1000-100076-000 looks like short PCI 2.0 compliant PCI card, 32 bit, 3.3 V, PCI-X compatible, but needs to be confirmed.

See below for details.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PCI_Express

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PCI-X

Expert:  bbao replied 2 months ago.

Any feed back to close the case please? Thanks.

Expert:  bbao replied 2 months ago.

Did my suggestions help?