bbao
bbao, System Administrator
Experience:  Certified Information Systems Security Professional / Certified Information Security Manager / Microsoft Most Valuable Professional
96068672

My sbcglobal.net email is now accepting my password. Att

Customer Question

my sbcglobal.net email is now accepting my password. Att said it has been suspended and wont give me another reset passwaord to acces my account. Account suspended because i dont have a att account. I have had this email for over 15 years and now it gets suspended with no notice at all. I use this for business and now can not get these emails
JA: Have you contacted anyone about your account?
Customer: yes
JA: What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: nothing, everything was normal.
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: called att with over 3 hours of total time with numerous people switching me from on dept to another no actual troublie shooting whats so ever
JA: Anything else you want the network expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: please help if u can
Category: Networking
Expert:  bbao replied 2 months ago.

Hi There. I am Bing and I look forward to helping you with your issue today.

Expert:  bbao replied 2 months ago.

May I know what's the relationship between sbcglobal.net and AT&T?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Not sure what u mean by relationship
Expert:  bbao replied 2 months ago.

Okay, found the Wiki and got the basic background about them. So how can I help with this? To get back the email control?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
i need access to my emails
Expert:  bbao replied 2 months ago.

To be honest, the best person to fix this issue should be the guys from AT&T or SBC customer services who can actually control your account. But I believe you have no more expectation from them and that's basically why you are here today. Is that true?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
they told me they couldnt help
Expert:  bbao replied 2 months ago.

I can recommend a few ways to try from a technical perspective, but I can't guarantee that as (1) obviously we have no control to their systems and (2) their systems may have already changed, merged or integrated after the deal with SBC. I hope you could understand this.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
how can att just suspend a account with no notice?
Expert:  bbao replied 2 months ago.

I don't know. BUT I do believe that's one way you may first claim to their customer support, and then as the last resort to seek for legal advices. However, to claim this, you do need have your proof - if you still keep any paper from them such as product statement, plan details or user/service agreement. As far as you remember or know, do you have this kind of stuff?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
we havent had a att account in over 10 pus years so, those items are no longer around.
Expert:  bbao replied 2 months ago.

Also they should be aware that although they own their services but you do own your data (your emails) and they have no rights to delete them without your consent (except your agreement/contract with them did allow this in fine print). At least, they should agree to allow you to get a backup of your data even your service has been terminated. That's a common business practice. Did you request this to them?

BTW do you still remember their server address and port number that you used to access their mail server?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I did. They said since I dont have account with att the account is suspended. I hung up after this last poor excuse from them
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
how do or would i fing this server address or port number?
Expert:  bbao replied 2 months ago.

I would recommend you to call them again, with your best patience and unquestionable attitude to tell the customer services your requirement, if they reply with the same excuse, tell them you need to speak with their manager for a serious discussion. Commonly, operators and their manager have different personal goals so they behave differently, e.g. an operator always dogmatically follow existing rules and policy to avoid mistakes (why they say no to exception like your situation) while the manager always wants to avoid trouble and bad reputation (why they might say yes to an exception).

Expert:  bbao replied 2 months ago.

Your old computer(s) that ever used to access the emails may still have the original settings (server address and port number) in place.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
ok
Expert:  bbao replied 2 months ago.

Be aware that your old computer may also have valuable info related to SBC things, e.g. the proof you need to support your claim. Have a good look at it, e.g. in My documents, old emails, downloaded documents and sometime even in temporary (cache) folders. If possible, check your old letters as well for any postal mails from them.

Expert:  bbao replied 2 months ago.

And, let their manager know, as a long-term loyal user of them, they should be responsible for your service quality even their organisation was restructured. Their business restructure should be transparent for customers. A common sense is, the goal of any restructure should benefit the business as well as the customers, not to make things worse. So your rights and your service quality/condition should not be compromised. Let them realise the above points and your appreciation if they could work with you.

Does it make sense for you? :)

Expert:  bbao replied 2 months ago.

FYI - www.SBCGlobal.net – Login to Your SBCGlobal ATT Email Account Online

http://www.sbcglobalnetemail.org/www-sbcglobal-net-login-to-your-sbcglobal-att-email-account-online/

Expert:  bbao replied 2 months ago.

Any feedback please?

Expert:  bbao replied 2 months ago.
How is your case going now? Did some of my suggestions work for you? Do you need any further assistance? I am keen to know your feedback. Thanks.