Ashik, PC Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), Professional Experience in Networking
16433418

My Wifi connection is locked and a password is required. I

Customer Question

My Wifi connection is locked and a password ***** ***** I do not know the password. Please help. Denise
Category: Networking
Expert:  Ashik replied 8 months ago.

Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

Do you have any computer there connected to your WiFi network ?

Expert:  Ashik replied 8 months ago.

We can get the correct WiFi password ***** a computer that is connected to your WiFi network. Do you have a computer there connected to your WiFI network ?

If so, Is it an Apple Mac or Windows computer ?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Write your reply here...Yes, we are comunicating with you on it right now, Windows
Expert:  Ashik replied 8 months ago.

Thanks. one more question. What version of Windows ? 7,8 or 10 ?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Windows 7
Expert:  Ashik replied 8 months ago.

You can get the correct wireless password ***** the Windows 7 PC connected the Wireless Network. Follow the steps below to get the WiFi password.

Click on the network/wireless icon at the bottom right of the screen (left to the clock)

From the list of networks, right-click on your wireless network name and click on Properties.

Then click on the Security tab.

Then click the box at Show characters.

This will show the password ***** the text box. Use that password ***** connect your devices to your network.

Another way is, press Windows and R keys at same time and this will bring Run window. Type ncpa.cpl and press enter. You will see the WiFi network adapter (with a Wireless icon - don't select Ethernet). Right click on it and select Status. From the resulting window, click Wireless Properties button and click "Show Password" to see the password (under Security tab).

If you have any difficulty on following the steps above, please let me know and I will walk you through it.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
OK Thanks, ***** ***** is go now
Expert:  Ashik replied 8 months ago.

You're welcome. Let me know how it goes

Expert:  Ashik replied 8 months ago.

How is it going ?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
It won't let me activate STATUS
Expert:  Ashik replied 8 months ago.

To make sure, this computer is connected to your router/modem via WiFi and not cable. Right ?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
the other way, I don't find anything about SHOW CHARACTERS
Expert:  Ashik replied 8 months ago.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
correct
Expert:  Ashik replied 8 months ago.

Lets do this step by step. Press Windows and R keys at same time and this will bring Run window. Type ncpa.cpl and press enter.

this will bring network adapters window. What items do you see there ?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Expert:  Ashik replied 8 months ago.

What items or adapters do you see there ? Give me their names please

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Broadband network 2 and some others, I select the internet that we are using and it gives me options of
Connect
Status
Cancel or default connection etc. but only the Connect button is active, I press the status button and nothing happens
Expert:  Ashik replied 8 months ago.

If Connect button is active, that means you are not connected to it. So another one there must be your wireless connection.

There is another way. See this video and follow those steps to get the password *****> https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=how+to+get+wifi+password+iwnods+7

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I can get to security, the activated options here are: All these Protocols, Unencrypted password, challenge handshake, microsoft ....
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Oh ok
Expert:  Ashik replied 8 months ago.

The above link is not working, so click this video link --> www.youtube.com/watch?v=68Q4Km5TIwo

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Ok I managed to find the right network, sorry, but when i go to properties, it does not mention anything about SHOW PASSWORD
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Going to watch video now
Expert:  Ashik replied 8 months ago.

Don't select Properties. Instead right click on correct network, and select Status. Then from Status, click Wireless Properties button. Then a new window will appear. Select Security tab and the "Show Password" checkbox is here.

Ok, watch the video as it describes another method (all reach to same location).

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
No new button appears
Expert:  Ashik replied 8 months ago.

Did you watch the video and follow those instructions ?

Expert:  Ashik replied 8 months ago.

Ignore all the above steps. Lets try a entirely different method.

Click this link and an application named Wireless Key Viewer will be downloaded --> http://www.nirsoft.net/toolsdownload/wirelesskeyview.zip

Open the file and open the WirelessKeyView.exe application

It will list all the networks your computer ever connected to. Select your WiFi network and you will see the password ***** the right to it under the column Key (Ascii)

This method will definitely work if your computer connected to your WiFi network.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
It is showing the files that need to be downloaded but nothing is happening, even after I was instructed to clean the computer first
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
We have to go now so operation not successful
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Will try again on Monday
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Thank you
Expert:  Ashik replied 8 months ago.

May I connect to your computer and get the password ***** for you ? It will take only 5 minutes.

I will do this without an additional charge

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Sure
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Do you use teamviewer?
Expert:  Ashik replied 8 months ago.

I use Citrix Go To Assist. Click this link-> https://www.fastsupport.com/801994788

Follow the onscreen instructions to connect. An application named GoToAssist Launcher will be downloaded. Then open the GoToAssist Launcher application. Allow permission to connect if asked.

If you don't see the downloaded file, press Control and J on your keyboard and this will bring Downloads. Open GoToAssist Launcher from there.

Once we're connected, I will get the password ***** you

Expert:  Ashik replied 8 months ago.

Team Viewer is also ok if you have it installed already. Give me your ID and temporary password. Then I will connect via Team Viewer. Make sure you don't close Team Viewer

Expert:  Ashik replied 8 months ago.

I got disconnected from your computer. Did you turn off modem/router accidentally ?

Expert:  Ashik replied 8 months ago.

Denise, can you see my messages ?

Expert:  Ashik replied 8 months ago.

We can continue on Monday. When you are back, just post a reply on here and I will get back to you ASAP.

(If you get a message to rate my service, just ignore it as it is automated)

Also, look on the back of the router for a key or passphrase or password. Normally, WiFi password ***** ***** there for many models of routers. If you find it, try to connect using it

Best Regards,