Claws224, IEEE Network Engineer
Experience:  IEEE, Microsoft

I just purchased a belkin router but my toshiba satellite

Customer Question

I just purchased a belkin router but my toshiba satellite L455 won't connect to it. All other non toshiba devices connect fine. What can I do?
JA: How many access points are you utilizing?
Customer: 1
JA: What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: Sorry wasnt paying attention. Lil brain dead because I've been trying to fix this problem for hours
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I have unplugged everything. I have tried disabling the microsoft wireless thing in my device manager. I doubled checked the computer automatically receives an IP address. Ive changed the power settings to maximum performance, manually connecting it & gone through internet trouble shooting several times.
JA: Anything else you want the network expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No think thats it
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Networking
Expert:  Jason Jones replied 1 month ago.

I am the person that will be helping you today.

How about this; can you plug the problem wireless computer into the router or modem with a cable and allow me to run a secure remote assistance session on the computer so I can setup the wireless connection?

Please, send your reply below in the box. After you type your message, click the Send button.

Thank you,

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Gonna try a few more things first and if that doesn't work. I'll be back. Thanks.

Okay. I will be here waiting.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Apparently my computer Toshiba Satellite L455 isn't compatible with a belkin router. I've researched it on the internet & I'm not the only one with this problem. I've decided to either return the router or call Toshiba to see what can be done.
Honestly don't feel comfortable having someone tap into my computer remotely. Thanks.

I have been working with wireless routers and devices for almost 20 years and I will tell you that there is no such thing as incompatibility between wireless routers and laptops. The problem is with the configuration n the router.

I have also remoted into computers scores of thousands of times, with no problems; however, I do understand your anxiety.

- Jason

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thank you for understanding & for the info. I'll consider the remote thing & get back to you.

You are very welcome for the understanding; understanding is always free :)