Claws224, IEEE Network Engineer
Experience:  IEEE, Microsoft
5195814

I need to get internet to a remote area where there is

Customer Question

I need to get internet to a remote area where there is currently no internet service providers. I am considering installing wireless internet as a solution. I used the OpenSignal app to see what the best wireless service is for that area and it turned out to be T-mobile.Now I need to find the equipment required to set this up. I would like for the set up to have an outside antenna that can point to the cell that is providing the 4G LTE. I'm looking for a simple device that can provide 4g LTE internet as an Ethernet connection. I want to then be able to expand the network with a switch or wireless access point.Basically I need to provide 4g LTE internet to a wired LAN. I want any device on that LAN to have internet access.The internet will be mostly for e-mails and maybe some movie streaming. I also want it on a no contract service.Any advice?
Category: Networking
Expert:  Specialist Sean S. replied 2 months ago.

Good evening. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you today

What state/area are you located in?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
California
zip code 92371

Thank you. I'd recommend the StraightTalk Hotspot device for internet. Below is a list of the plans and all are no contract

https://www.straighttalk.com/wps/portal/home/shop/hotspotserviceplans/

With this, you can use a wifi adapter to get 4g LTE service. If it has to be LAN Ethernet, then you'll need an adapter for that. Let me know if this works for you and I can see about the other devices. Wifi adapters are as inexpensive as $10 and will work with most devices that have USB plugins if it doesn't have wifi capabilities already installed