Claws224, IEEE Network Engineer
Experience:  IEEE, Microsoft
5195814

I'm trying to turn on the wifi to my phone and need the

Customer Question

I'm trying to turn on the wifi to my phone and need the password ***** my router here at my house.
Category: Networking
Expert:  Ashik replied 5 months ago.

Hi, I'm Ashik. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP

Expert:  Ashik replied 5 months ago.

Do you have any computer there connected to your WiFi network (not via cable) ? If so, we can retrieve the password ***** that computer easily. Let me know

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
No
Expert:  Ashik replied 5 months ago.

Do you have any devices there connected to your WiFi network ?

What is the model and make of your router/modem ?

Can you check the back or bottom of the router and do you see anything that says key or passphrase or password ?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Cisco
10A10C19-34509
586D8F8BD1DC
8729-2480
Expert:  Ashik replied 5 months ago.

Please answer these questions

Do you have any devices (phone or computer or tablet) there connected to your WiFi network ?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Model is e2500
My sign in is sheldonthompson. My password ***** has been macushla
Expert:  Ashik replied 5 months ago.

If you see a key or passphrase or code on the back of router/modem, please try it on your phone to connect to WiFi network.

If that didn't work, then you have to get the WiFi password ***** your computer or phone or tablet connected to your router. On a device connected to the router (via WiFi or cable), go this website address --> 192.168.1.1

If asked for a login password, enter admin and press enter. If asked for username, enter admin as well or leave username field blank. If you set differnet password ***** login to router, try it (this is different from WiFi password)

This will open router configuration window. Now click Wireless section and then Security if you see it and you will see the WiFi password ***** (It may say Passphrase or Shared key or key etc).

Let me know how it goes

Expert:  Ashik replied 5 months ago.

How is it going ?