Claws224, IEEE Network Engineer
Experience:  IEEE, Microsoft
5195814

My cable provider told me to contact you about my router. I

Customer Question

My cable provider told me to contact you about my router. I am on Charter. They say I need to "log in to my router channel." my cell tower is not working right since Charter put in new equipment. I need to be on Channel 1 or 6 or 11. I've never heard of anything like that.
JA: How long has this been going on?
Customer: This week since the new equipment was put in. I have Internet service w/o having a cord to my laptop. However, the cell tower keeps going to red; the service is impossible.
JA: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of your laptop, and what operating system are you running?
Customer: I have a Mac on OS 10.9
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I've unplugged the cell tower many times. It just won't stay green. Sometimes Broadband is green but soon everything is red.
JA: The network expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: I don't know.
Category: Networking
Expert:  Jason Jones replied 10 months ago.

I am the person that will be helping you today.

May I ask for the brand and model name of both the cell tower and the new equipment that Charter installed for you?

I will be standing by, looking forward to your response.

Thank you,
Jason