Kevin T
Kevin T, CCIE
Experience:  IT Manager at Wood Group PSN
94743361

I have an Epson XP335. I have configured it for wifi direct

Customer Question

I have an Epson XP335. I have configured it for wifi direct connection and the AP icon is showing on the front display panel. I have a Samsung galaxy S2. I have actioned search for WIFI direct devices. The Epson is shown on the list found. However when I tap to connect the latter to the former. The Tablet just says waiting for the epson at acknowledge the connection request. I have puposely switched off my router so only a direct wifi connection is possible. Any suggestions to resolve my issue. Many thanks
JA: Just to clarify, what's the exact make and model of your tablet computer?
Customer: Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 9.7 inch
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: You name it I beleive I have tried it. At the galaxy end I have disabled bluetooth - a web forum suggestion. At the printer I have disconnected and reconnected Wifi direct. i have tried changing the password. I have reset to all the default settings. Prior to endeavouring to get Wifi direct working. I have succesfully printed over conventional wifi via a router from my laptop.
JA: The network expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: No thanks for any help I have been working on this for the last two days without success - however i have learned quite a bit about basic networking!!
Category: Networking
Expert:  Kevin T replied 4 months ago.

What OS are you running?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
The Samsung Galaxy is an android device
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
The samsung galaxy is an android device
Expert:  Kevin T replied 4 months ago.

Hi

Do you still need assistance?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
no
Expert:  Kevin T replied 4 months ago.

If you could rate and close to the question is removed, it costs you nothing extra but will help me get credit for trying to help.