Claws224, IEEE Network Engineer
Experience:  IEEE, Microsoft

I have a tc-50cx400u panasonic tv for some unkown reason it

Customer Question

I have a tc-50cx400u panasonic tv for some unkown reason it will not communicate on the network. The tv shows up on the network tried dhcp and static IP. Both scenarios it shows up on the network but cannot connect to it or even ping it.
Category: Networking
Expert:  Nathan replied 2 months ago.

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today.

Sorry to hear that you’re having trouble with this but I’ll do my best to help you out.

Is it showing as connected to the home (lan) network, but not to the internet? Or will it not fully connect to even the local network?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
This is more of a TV issue than a networking issue. Connects to the internet trying to control via phone on same network controls every other device connected except this one. When I ping it it does not send a response.
Expert:  Nathan replied 2 months ago.

AH okay,

so that is a router configuration issue more likely than a tv issue actually,

go into the router setup and make sure that both UPNP and NAT are enabled, then try again

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Right now it pulls the ip straight from the router's NAT table that I have setup instead of setting up each device as with a static IP. It does that no Problem.
Expert:  Nathan replied 2 months ago.

This isn't about pulling an ip address, it is on the network, but not connecting to other devices, correct?