Brent Woolverton
Brent Woolverton,
Experience:  Network Security Analyst at Goodwill Industries of Southwest Florida

Signal strength coming from the router is not strong enough

Customer Question

signal strength coming from the router is not strong enough to run my stream on netflix on my tv
Category: Networking
Expert:  Brent Woolverton replied 2 months ago.

Sorry to hear that you are having issues with signal strength from your router. There is no way to increase the signal strength from the router, but rather you have one of two options. The first is to purchase an access point repeater. This is a device that plugs into an outlet, ideally half way between the router and the TV, to boost the signal. The second is to have the router moved. Since this is most likely a cable modem/router, you will have to find a coaxial cable that is closer to your TV set and still can provide decent signal to the remainder of the house for your other devices.

A third option is to purchase a more powerful router and have it replace your current router. This is typically more expensive and complicated to setup than purchasing an access point repeater. Would you like me to find you a decent router or access point repeater for purchase online?

I hope that I have been able to answer your question. If you have any follow up questions please feel free to let me know. Otherwise, thank you for using our service and please feel free to rate me!

Expert:  Brent Woolverton replied 1 month ago.

Please accept the answer and provide a rating if this has resolved your issue.