Nathan, System Administrator
Experience:  IT systems admin, network installer

In the process of connecting Kodak printer to iPad Air. I

Customer Question

In the process of connecting Kodak printer to iPad Air. I need both the SSID numbers and the password. Kodak Tech Support directed me to you to get this information so that we can proceed. I thank you. Myrna
Category: Networking
Expert:  Nathan replied 2 months ago.

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today.

Sorry to hear that you’re having trouble with this but I’ll do my best to help you out, Myrna.

There are a few possible ways to get (or change) your password:
1) You can look for a sticker on the back/side of the router, which indicates the factory default (key/passphrase). Note this only works if the password ***** never changed/customized when the router was initially configured
2) You can access the router configuration menu via a computer that is already connected to the router, either via wifi or wired ethernet. This lets you view/change the password.
3) you can do a factory reset of the router, clearing all settings, and allowing that default password ***** function again. Doing this results in having to update the password ***** all devices.

Of these options, I'd suggest #2, but I'll be happy to give more info on any of them. If you can let me know the make/model of the router, I'll give you the basic steps to access the router setup. Or, if you aren't comfortable doing so yourself, I can do it for you remotely.

Expert:  Nathan replied 2 months ago.

Do you need more help with this?