Claws224, IEEE Network Engineer
Experience:  IEEE, Microsoft
5195814

I have a lynksis E2500 Router that has stopped working. It

Customer Question

I have a lynksis E2500 Router that has stopped working. It is connected to a Charter network. Have troubleshooted the network and it is not the problem. Now have bypassed the router directly to this computer. Help?
Category: Networking
Expert:  GeekGal replied 3 months ago.

Hi there! My name is***** am a computer professional with over 15 years of experience with both Mac and Windows computers, phones, tablets, and printers. It would be my pleasure to assist you with this. I'll need to ask a few questions to make sure that I understand the problem correctly. What type of internet service do you have? Is it cable, dsl , or something else? Do you have an internet modem that the Linksys is connected to? Is your computer now connected directly to that modem rather than to the Linksys? Do you currently have internet access?