Isaac Franklin
Isaac Franklin, System Administrator
Experience:  Technical Support Coach at Liberty Tax Service
93584285

I purchased my IPad about 4 years ago. I have recently moved

Customer Question

I purchased my IPad about 4 years ago. I have recently moved and I can not get into my WIFI. I do not remember the password ***** there is no way to change it. Is there anyway that you can help me out so I can get into my WIFI. When we moved I had Xfinity and now have Century Link. Thank you in advance for your help!
Category: Networking
Expert:  Isaac Franklin replied 3 months ago.

Hello. My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

We will get you up and running. Routers have defaults that can be set, back doors etc.

To be clear, you can access your tablet? But cannot get it on wifi?

If this is the case, and i understand correctly, can you look at your router/modem (sometimes there is a router and modem,

but many companies do a '2 in 1' with one piece of equipment now) there should be a brand and model, usually on the bottom

if you turn it over.

Can you send that to me please? Or if the issue is something else?

~Franklin

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I have a netgear wifi and a century link modem
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I don't know what else you need.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Are you going to answer me?

Yes, my apologies. Im in and out of the office on weekends.

This is how you reset your password ***** within your router:

http://kb.netgear.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/20026/~/how-do-i-change-the-admin-password-on-my-netgear-router%3F?cid=wmt_netgear_organic

This will only vary if you have changed the admin/password ***** The default logins are admin for name and password

for the password ***** get into the router, or you can type

http://192.168.0.1 into your browser and log in with the same credentials that way.

You can also do a full reset on your router and wipe all credentials and follow the link above to change your password.

It really sounds harder than it is. Accessing your router only takes a few minutes.

If you want, when you have some time (im on EST, i can walk you through this in just a few messages back and forth,

or i can send you a remote offer and do it for you).

When you are ready to proceed, you can leave a time 'here' for EST and i will clear my schedule for a bit to get you

back in and all your devices connected again with a network/password ***** want to set.

If you are satisfied with the help I have provided, please remember to click and submit a 5 star rating on this page. Your feedback is important as it is the only way I am credited for assisting you. Thank you.
~Franklin

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I typed your answer into my IPad on Safari and it said that they could not process it because I am not connected to the internet. How am I suppose to change my password ***** I am not on the internet on my IPad?

This part has to be done on a pc. Then we go into your devices and look for the network we just

ensured is named what you want and use the password ***** set from a pc.

When you go into your devices (we will get the model of ipad at that point as well to ensure your wifi

is enabled and settings are correct) you should be able to add the network then.

Once you have finished the instructions above with a computer that is using your router/or ethernet connected

to it, let me know. Or i can do this for you.

Then we will go to your devices. We cannot hook the ipad up to your network if you dont change the password *****

ensure the network name first.