Claws224, IEEE Network Engineer
Experience:  IEEE, Microsoft

I can't remember my password so I can put another device on

Customer Question

I can't remember my password ***** I can put another device on WIFI
JA: Have you tried unplugging your router for about ten seconds? And what about other devices? Do they have connectivity?
Customer: yes they do.
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: None. Should I unplug the router and get back to you if that doesn't work?
JA: The network expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: Can't think of anything.
Category: Networking
Expert:  Viet - Network Tech replied 2 months ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. Don't unplug the router.

What is the model of your Internet modem/router device?

Do you have a laptop / wireless computer that is currently connected via wireless? If so, does it have Windows xp, vista, or 7, 8, 10, or Mac?

Please reply at the box below. Thank you.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Linksys. I have an i-phone and a PC that are connected. I want to add my new i pad.

Thank you. Can you please check at the back / bottom of your Linksys router for the model of it, such as WRT54G, or E1200, etc.?

Is your PC a laptop or desktop?

Does your PC have windows xp, vista, or 7 or 8 or 10?

Is your PC currently connected to the Linksys router with an Ethernet / network cable? Or is the connection wireless?

Please reply at the box below. Thank you,

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
It is connected by wifi. It is a laptop Dell. It has windows xp. the router is ARRIS TM722G/CT

Thank you. ARRIS TM722G/CT is the modem, not the router. Do you see any other device currently connected to the ARRIS TM722G/CT modem device? If yes, please let me know the model of that device.

- On your laptop, can you click on Start, then click on Control Panel, then open System (or System and Security -> System), and confirm your Windows version there?

I really need the model of your Linksys router device, if you have it. Please see my last reply. Please answer those questions, so I can retrieve your wi-fi / wireless password ***** you.

Please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help. Thank you,