Isaac Franklin
Isaac Franklin, System Administrator
Experience:  Technical Support Coach at Liberty Tax Service
93584285

I want to network my computer from home to my computer at

Customer Question

i want to network my computer from home to my computer at work to do billing
Category: Networking
Expert:  Isaac Franklin replied 5 months ago.

Hello. My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

It will vary depending on if you are on windows (what version of windows) or mac pcs?

This guide is for Windows users. (you can also bypass this by using teamviewer)

https://ist.njit.edu/support/home_connection/

Let me know if you need another version of windows or mac directions and we will go from there.

If you are satisfied with the help I have provided, please remember to click and submit a 5 star rating on this page. Your feedback is important as it is the only way I am credited for assisting you. Thank you.
~Franklin

Did you need further suggestions with this issue or need some time today to try it?

(you will have to start with your home pc, then at work)

Or want to try teamviewer to remote in from work?

~Franklin

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
let me hook up the one home fisrt but i dont know anything about networking need help to make it work

yes, you will need to enable your allow remote access connections from your computer enabled.

then the vpn the article showed. and then you can try it at work with the article.

Make sure you send me a message after you complete home set up and check when you get to work by finishing

the steps in article. I am aware this may take more than a day due to being in 2 locations.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
ok will be done tomorow thanks i just have to do the on ehome tonight ive been in busnisss 30 years butt my fiancee wants too work from home i just bought everything
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
do i need to pay for the vpn some one mentioned that too me
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
what is the vpn article showed????
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
ill throw you a tip i just want this too work

A VPN is A virtual private network (VPN) is a network that is constructed using public wires — usually the Internet — to connect to a private network, such as a company's internal network. There are a number of systems that enable you to create networks using the Internet as the medium for transporting data.

But, you are not doing this from home. If you read it, it says if you are connecting from home. You may be interested more in the

teamviewer. Give me a minute to get everything for you to use and i will be right back.

Okay, this is going to be simple for you. All i need now is the type of pcs you are connecting.

Are they both windows at work and home? Are they both macs? Or one of each?

For windows computers, please go to your home computer and download/install/ open program from desktop for teamviewer:

https://www.teamviewer.com/en/

Then you follow this guide:

https://www.teamviewer.com/en/res/pdf/first_steps_unattended_access_en.pdf

(on step two of this, set your password, and then go to step two other box, and make sure create an account

bubble is checked then enter your name and password ***** write it down for work. Then you will go to

your job, download team viewer, then hit sign in and use those exact login/password ***** created and you instantly

connect AS LONG as you leave team viewer running on your home computer.

I can show you if you want by remote or you can follow on screen instructions here?

(i have 3 desktops at my disposal. just performed a link with these between two of them after following steps. instantly connected)

~Franklin

Friendly reminder.
only hit accept if you want me to log in and do this for you. if you want to try the steps yourself, do not hit accept and will go from there.
If you would like to have a more hands on support through Secure Remote Assistance, I will send you an offer and I will be able

to log in and perform the fix for you. We offer this as an easier solution for clients. It is 100% guaranteed

money back if we cannot resolve your issue.

If you would like to continue with written instructions, that is absolutely fine as well. Just click the reject when you see the

offer and we will continue immediately in this manner going forward.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
ok i probably wont set home up till saturday i have too put together a desk yhe whole nine yards printer ect. wil lget back too you

Take your time. I will stay with you until you see it through. I tested this on my pc and a completely separate

pc from my coworker. It will work. If you run into any issues setting up? Let me know and i will guide you.

~Franklin

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
i didnt forget you just got done assembling everything will get back too you
Expert:  Isaac Franklin replied 4 months ago.

Thats okay. Sometimes, these things take time to get done. Take your time.

~Franklin