IT Miro, Computer Scientist
Experience:  Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology, Microsoft Certified Professional
30721786

Century link has installed a new internet modem. the Kindle

Customer Question

Century link has installed a new internet modem. the Kindle Fire (one of the very early ones) does not recognize the modem which has security type WPA2-AES.
In the setup menu of the Kindle, this security type does not appear.
Help, please
Category: Networking
Expert:  Jason Fenoglio replied 5 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you. Give me a few minutes to look over your question and I will respond shortly.

Have you tried to update the software on the Fire? It most likely can only to WEP security right now. What model is the Fire?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
No, just answer the question
Expert:  IT Miro replied 5 months ago.

Hello! My name is*****
I am a certified computer professional who will assist you with the problem you described.

The problem with the WiFi connection on your Kindle can be solved by changing the WiFi settings on your new router to work in the compatibility mode (both WPA and WPA2). That way you can connect both the old and new devices.

If you don't know how to access your router's settings and make that change, let me know the make and model of your router and I will provide the instructions for you.

Regards,

Expert:  IT Miro replied 5 months ago.

Hello again!

Several days have passed since I sent you my answer, and you haven't replied to my last message, so I am wondering if you still require assistance with the Kindle issue.

Let me know by sending me a reply below.

Thanks,

Expert:  IT Miro replied 5 months ago.

Hello!

Let me know if you were able to receive my messages.