Claws224, IEEE Network Engineer
Experience:  IEEE, Microsoft

I have just bought a laptop and have forgotten my password

Customer Question

I have just bought a laptop and have forgotten my password ***** get into it. I feel really stupid!
Please can you help?
Amanda Ferguson
Category: Networking
Expert:  GeekGal replied 2 months ago.

Hi Amanda! My name is***** am a computer professional with over 15 years of experience with both Mac and Windows computers, phones, tablets, and printers. It would be my pleasure to assist you with this. Is there an email address listed above the password *****? If so, your login on the computer is linked to a Microsoft account and I can provide detailed instructions for resetting the password ***** the Microsoft site. If it is a username and not an email address, we can still reset it, we'll just need to go about it differently. Please let me know, Thank you!