Claws224, IEEE Network Engineer
Experience:  IEEE, Microsoft

I purchased an EA-N66 a couple of years ago and gave it away

Customer Question

Hello Pearl, I purchased an EA-N66 a couple of years ago and gave it away asa gift. Now I learn that the setup CD wasn't aprt of the package, and the extender has never been used. Any way to ge a CD?
JA: How long has this been going on?
Customer: The extender was put aside because the reipeint couldn't install it. Neither can I, without the CD.
JA: How much experience do you have with this particular machine?
Customer: None.
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Don't know where to start. The computed and device have different IP addresses...
JA: The network expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: No. If he can dea;l with a rookie, we should get somewhere.
Category: Networking
Expert:  Russell H. replied 2 months ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

A CD may be hard to obtain, for this model. But, a download is available for free, here, of the Utility for this Asus device:

Would that be sufficient for your needs?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Looks like it will be. As long as it can display the CD's sequence of interactive windows the installation manual refers to as it goes through the startup steps and choice selections.

I am not absolutely sure of that detail (of its producing all interactive windows). But if it produces the first two or three, that should be indicative. I'm willing to wait until you have tried it and verified that it works for you.