Claws224, IEEE Network Engineer
Experience:  IEEE, Microsoft
5195814

REQUEST PROBLEM: I CAN NOT REMOTELY ACCESS FROM THE INTERNET

Customer Question

REQUEST FOR INSTRUCTION
PROBLEM: I CAN NOT REMOTELY ACCESS FROM THE INTERNET MY FOSCAM FI8919W OUTDOOR CAMERAS (2) AND MY INDOOR FOSCAM FI9821P NOR AMCREST IP2M-841W CAMERAS.
PLEASE INSTRUCT ME HOW TO SETUP:
AT &T Pacer 5268AC two wire modem/router, thru a
Linksys EA 7500 Router, with
Linksys Extenders RE 6700 (2)
DEVICES AE CONNECTED:
The cameras are connected wirelessly to the extenders. The extenders are connected to the Linksys router wire-
lessly.
The router is connected by Ethernet cable to the Pacer.
I WOULD BE HELPFUL IF YOUR INSTRUCTION IS STEP BY STEP USING TERMS CONTAINED IN THE DEVICES RATHER THAN CURSORY JARGON STATEMENTS. Please do not assume I have any technical knowledge.
Thank you for any help you may give the 80 year old who is about to commit an unpardonable sin: TO GIVE UP!!!
**********************
Category: Networking
Expert:  Dan replied 4 months ago.

Hello and thank you for your question. I look forward to assisting you today. Did you install the camera's and are you able to view them from inside your home now?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I INSTALLED THE CAMERA AND I AM ABLE TO VIEW THE CAMERAS ON MY INTERNAL NETWORK,
Expert:  Dan replied 4 months ago.

I would be happy to assist you, but are some settings that will need to be changed in order for you to be able to access the camera's from outside of your network. This may be somewhat overwhelming but I can try if you would like to continue?